Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Patwardhan, Rajesh" <ra...@etrade.com> on 2008/03/11 02:54:55 UTC

Make a svn (sync) repo read-only ..

Hi,

Any easy way (looking for simple apache configuration that can make this
happen)

Background looking to make the svnsync repo available read-only so no
one accidentally checks in but the user who is running the svnsync ...

We have many repos and new keep on getting added, hence I am a bit
hesitant with the hooks ... Since that way we add a repo and that adds
to the management overhead ...

Any suggestion or pointers welcome...

Thank you very much for your help and time in advance.
Regards,
Rajesh

Re: Make a svn (sync) repo read-only ..

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Patwardhan, Rajesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any easy way (looking for simple apache configuration that can make this
> happen)
>
> Background looking to make the svnsync repo available read-only so no
> one accidentally checks in but the user who is running the svnsync ...
>
> We have many repos and new keep on getting added, hence I am a bit
> hesitant with the hooks ... Since that way we add a repo and that adds
> to the management overhead ...
>
> Any suggestion or pointers welcome...
>
> Thank you very much for your help and time in advance.

Hi Rajesh,

One request, please don't reply to a thread to start a new thread.  Here's why:

Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
CTO, OrcaWare Technologies

Re: Make a svn (sync) repo read-only ..

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 10, 2008, at 21:54, Patwardhan, Rajesh wrote:

> Any easy way (looking for simple apache configuration that can make
> this
> happen)
>
> Background looking to make the svnsync repo available read-only so no
> one accidentally checks in but the user who is running the svnsync ...
>
> We have many repos and new keep on getting added, hence I am a bit
> hesitant with the hooks ... Since that way we add a repo and that adds
> to the management overhead ...
>
> Any suggestion or pointers welcome...
>
> Thank you very much for your help and time in advance.

I believe hook scripts are the correct way to solve this problem.

You can make the hooks directory a symlink to a common hooks
directory if you want. It's just one extra step to do when you set up
the repository.