Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anuradha S <An...@mindtree.com> on 2003/06/18 06:24:32 UTC

passing xml file as a parameter to a web-service

Hi,

    Can we pass an xml file as a parameter to a web-
service. If yes can the validation of that file with
respect to some schema also be done at the time of
invocation. Please give me some pointers in this issue.

Regards,
Anuradha

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.

dynamic changing Service name

Posted by Niket Anand <ni...@noida.manystreams.com>.

  Hello All,
  I have problem as-
  We have 2 Applications as App1 and App2 are going to access some services.
  So they should be Authenticated only first time and for subsequent request no need.....but like samples provied in samples/stocks folder...it seems that for every operation access it need to go through Authentication or Authorization Handler. I don't want like this....
  So I am thinking to authenticate application and give the service URI append with APPID+password...such that now that application will access all operations after authentication. For that I need to deploy or undeploy the services dynamically with dynamic service name.

  How can I deal with these......Can any one help me...?
  or I may not be asking in clear way...need more details......

  Waiting for reply
  Niket

dynamic changing Service name

Re: passing xml file as a parameter to a web-service

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
If you want to pass a full XML file (as opposed to an XML element), you have to pass it as an attachment. The SOAP message is itself an XML file, and XML does not permit you to embed an XML file within an XML file.

Normally, the SOAP runtime doesn't manage, manipulate, or validate the contents of an attachment, but you could implement a handler to validate it.

Anne