Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com> on 2007/03/08 17:08:43 UTC

Tapestry 4.1 to send email

Hi,

I would like to add a functionnality to our application to send a user
his password when he has forgotten it.
I would prefer to implement it using a Tapestry page to format a good
looking mail. So i need to send the Tapestry page by mail instead of
rendering it to the user.
I've tried to implement this by using the library "tapestry-email-0.1.0"
posted on this list by Henri Dupre but it seems not to work in Tap 4.1.
Has anybody already found a straitforward solution to this ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Stéphane

Re: Tapestry 4.1 to send email

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
The ResponseBuilder solution sounds like the current "right" approach to me.

The ResponseDelegateFactory service point is where the different
response types get registered and can "claim" handling a particular
kind of request using the same sort of voting strategy as other
services....So for your email purposes this shouldn't be that hard
actually.. Maybe look at the JSONResponseContributor implementation.

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/hivedoc/module/tapestry.services.html

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Tapestry 4.1 to send email

Posted by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com>.

Re: Tapestry 4.1 to send email

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry 4.1 to send email

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
If you are already using Spring, it's dead simple with its JavaMailSender
bean.

Kalle