Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Arvid Hülsebus <ar...@atanion.com> on 2005/11/17 23:40:51 UTC

Tobago vs. Maven2: The wrecked Dependency

Hello,

while preparing the svn dump for Tobago, we encountered a problem with
deploying the Tobago demo app from a fresh system. It turned out that
this was due to fetching the most recent version of the 'jstl-1.1.0'
POM. This POM was recently changed on Ibiblio and now points to a
relocated version of the JSTL with the new group id 'javax.servlet'. If
you where lucky you already had a cached version of the older version of
the POM in your local repository. Otherwise the updated JSTL POM has a
new dependency to 'jsp-api', which ends up inside the WAR. Thus
disabling the demo app.

We fixed the POMs of Tobago. If you had problems building Tobago lately,
this may solve your problem.

Regards,
Arvid