Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/16 23:31:11 UTC

Parameterizing the settings...

I'm trying to share the SCM settings, primarly the SCM root URL, but when I
perform a release, the parameters are changed to explicit values, defeating
the purpose.  Is there any way to make it not do that?

For example, during the release process, the following:

  <scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:${scm.root}/${project.artifactId}</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:${scm.root}/${project.artifactId}</developerConnection>
    <url>${scm.root}/${project.artifactId}</url>
  </scm>

Changes into:

  <scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:http://svn:8083/MyTeam/ParentPom</connection>
    <developerConnection>scm:svn:http://svn:8083/MyTeam/ParentPom
</developerConnection>
    <url>http://svn:8083/MyTeam/ParentPom</url>
  </scm>
If it didn't change, then I could keep the parameterized version in the
ParentPOM and all children would work.  But out of the box, this won't work.

Can the SCM section be parameterized/shared?

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com

Re: Parameterizing the settings...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Thank you!! Is there a SNAPSHOT build somewhere?  I have been browsing
> around http://nexus.codehaus.org/snapshots/ and particularly
> https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/org/codehaus/mojo/
> but
> can't see a maven-release-plugin anywhere that is obvious (to me at least).

The maven-release-plugin is a core plugin produced by Apache Maven
itself, not Codehaus. You should be looking under org.apache.maven and
not org.codehaus.mojo.

Wayne

Re: Parameterizing the settings...

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!! Is there a SNAPSHOT build somewhere?  I have been browsing
around http://nexus.codehaus.org/snapshots/ and particularly
https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/org/codehaus/mojo/
but
can't see a maven-release-plugin anywhere that is obvious (to me at least).

Thanks!

Posted by Robert Scholte <ap...@sourcegrounds.com>.