Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dominik Roblek <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/03 13:56:07 UTC

is project inheritance transitive ?

I have a project B which extends project A using
<extend> element of POM and project C which extends
project B using <extend> element of POM.

It seems that project C does not extends project A. Is
POM inheritance transitive or non-transitive operation
in Maven?

If it's not transititve, is there any workaround to
reach the same effect?

Dominik

Re: is project inheritance transitive ?

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl>.
>If it's not transititve, is there any workaround to
>reach the same effect?

Project inheritance is not transitive at the moment and I am afraid there is no workaround for this problem.
AFAIK Brett is preparing some changes in Maven Core. Could be that he will address this issue
(which was alredy solved some time ago in CVS branch of Maven).

Michal