Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com> on 2012/04/26 00:34:14 UTC

Re: Cassandra and harddrives

Questions like this should be directed to the user mailing list
(user@cassandra.apache.org); This mailing list is for discussion of
development *of* Cassandra.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Benny Rönnhager
<be...@thrutherockies.com> wrote:
> I am building a database with several hundred thousands of images. I have just learned that HaProxy is a very good fronted to a couple of Cassandra nodes. I understand how that works but…
>
> Must every single node (mac mini) have it's own external harddrive with the same data (images) or can I just use one hard drive that can be accessed by all nodes?
>
> What is the recommended way to do this?

You can't share storage like this, no; Each Cassandra node will need it's own

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu