Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tim-Christian Mundt <de...@tim-erwin.de> on 2010/07/01 15:26:29 UTC

Maildir take 1

Hi,

I'm sorry, I can't install svnmailer in a reasonable amount of time
(because my provider doesn't let me install debian > etch and debian
already removed all etch packages from the mirrors). So you simply get
this manual notification which is more resource friendly anyways:

I committed a first working version of maildir support for james:
http://maildir.tim-erwin.de/changeset/2

The server starts and is able to display a mailbox structure previously
created with dovecot and add more mailboxes. If you are interested,
please have a look and point me to all things that are leading into a
totally wrong direction (keep in mind, this is very early code). You can
download the code at svn://tim-erwin.de/maildir

Thanks
Tim

Re: Maildir take 1

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Tim...

as I promised here is some feedback..

MaildirMailboxMapper:
1)save(...):
You should check afer every mkdir call if it return true (for the
cur,new,tmp folders), and if one fails it would be good to try to
"rollback" the previous created directories..

2) You prolly need some kind of synchronization to not get into
trouble when more then one thread is running. Maybe a shared
"ReentrantLock" could help..

3) HumanReadableText.MAILBOX_CANNOT_READ can not get resolved

4) If the Mailbox is read-write you will also need to check if the
files/directories are writable

General:
5) License headers are missing

I think thats it for now..  :)