Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gordon Cody <gc...@zafinlabs.com> on 2009/04/29 22:23:17 UTC

how to not deploy sources.jar to artifactory

I know I read this (on someones blog I think) but did not realise I would
need to care until recently and now I cant find how to do this.

The requirement is to not deploy sources.jar to the artifactory when
we do mvn release:perform

Thanks in advance for any/all help

Regards, Gord

Posted by Gordon Cody <gc...@zafinlabs.com>.
your efforts were appreciated

Gord Cody

Posted by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com>.

Posted by Gordon Cody <gc...@zafinlabs.com>.
Thanks Wendy.

Posted by Gordon Cody <gc...@zafinlabs.com>.
Exactly what I wanted to (not) see.

Thanks again Wendy and Todd too

Regards, Gord

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com>.
You get these settings indirectly through POM inheritence. So everything in the super POM [1] you get automatically unless you have explicitly overridden it.

Take a look at the <profiles> section of the super pom. You will see a profile with an ID of release-profile. This is where the source and javadoc plugins are configured. So you can get this behaviour simply by issuing the following mvn command:

mvn -DperformRelease=true deploy

or

mvn -Prelease-profile deploy

The release plugin executes this profile during the release:perform goal by setting the performRelease property to true. If you wish to change the behaviour of release:peform, copy this profile to your POM and remove the maven-source-plugin.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#The_Super_POM

---
Todd Thiessen

Posted by Gordon Cody <gc...@zafinlabs.com>.