Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by cmrz <cm...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/21 18:20:57 UTC

Need help updating customer record

 need more help

parameterizing did not make a difference on the outcome.

let me explain what I am doing and what I am seeing and I welcome all
suggestions at this point.

test does the following:
1)log in
2) pull up customer account
3) change phone number and click "update" button on web site.

during recording done via http proxy this updated the phone number and
exited out of the customer file.

---
when the test runs:
it has all the data correct but when I go back into this customer record
using a web browser(once the test completed running)
1) the customer record is locked - which says that the "test user" never
exited from this customer record
2) the phone number has not been updated.

once again, the data from the customer file is being pulled in correctly
when the test runs which tells me that the test is communicating with the DB
and getting the data but there is no update.

thank you in advance for any help you can offer!!

Re: Need help updating customer record

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
sigh.
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour
a. Record what your browser does using any tool like LiveHTTPHeader,
Fiddler, HTTPWatch etc. Ensure that you know what data is getting passed to
your server, what response gets returned etc. You especially need to know if
any data is dynamic (e.g. your form may have a hidden token for duplicate
submit or .net applications have__Viewstate). If data is dynamic then you
need to be able to extract it using one of the post processors (e.g. regular
expression post processor)

b. Add View Results Tree listener on your Jmeter test.  Run it for a single
thread. Compare your request/responses with step a. for every step

There may be multiple causes of errors. You may not have passed data
correctly and the server might be throwing a validation error. You may not
have logged in correctly. You may not have passed session id correctly. In
all cases you need to view the response for every step , not just the final
step. (You probably dont have assertions on your response that checks out
each step either this would help you identify your problem quicker )

regards
deepak