Posted to axis-tck@ws.apache.org by sc...@us.ibm.com on 2002/06/28 21:28:43 UTC

TCK Issue Comments + Some More Issues

My comments in <rjs> ...</rjs>

1. Problem: The echoMix method used by the parameterModeTest has the wrong
parameter order! This is causing the TCK to fail for Axis, because Axis
is using the correct parameter order.

This issue was addressed in the final version of the jaxrpc tck

2. Boolean Value Issue

The TCK expects a bean that has a boolean property foo to have a getter
named "getFoo()". This conflicts with the Java Bean Specification. Axis
generates the appropriate "isFoo()" getter.

We have logged bug 4708351. If you could please forward which tests
are failing, that would help us make sure we have addressed all of the
issues.

3. XML to Java mapping problems

One example is the get<wsdl-port-name> method generated in the Service
interface. If the wsdl port name is "foo", the TCK is expecting "getfoo".
Not only does this violate JSR 101 chapter 20, but it is also not
conventional java. Axis generates "getFoo".

We do not have enough information to work through this particular issue.
If you could please provide us with the tests in question and walk us
through the problem you encountered with the test that would be most
helpful.

<rjs>

The failing test is in ..w2j.rpc.encoded.xmlnamemapingtest.Client. The name
of the wsdl port is xMLNameMappingTestService. According to Chap 20, this
becomes XMLNameMappingTestService when converted to a java name. The name
of the generated Axis Service operation is getXMLNameMappingTestService().
The TCK expects getxMLNameMappingTestService, which results in a test
failure. So this problem is another aspect of the xml<->java name mapping.

</rjs>

4. Service.getPorts issue

com.sun.ts.tests.jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.Service.Client.GetPortsPosTest2
expects an empty Iterator from service.getPorts(). We throw a
ServiceException because, according to the JAX-RPC javadoc, "Throws:
ServiceException - If this Service class does not have access to the
required WSDL metadata". We believe the TCK should accept a
ServiceException.

We concur that this is an issue and it is being addressed via bug 4709354.

5. Roundtrip issues
There are at least 2 roundtrip issues with com.sun.ts.tests.jaxrpc.ee.j2w.
marshalltest which is a Java-to-WSDL test.

We have logged bug 4708425.

6. wrapped doc/lit

We believe the tests are valid. Please see the example in section 6.4.3 of
the jaxrpc specification.

<rjs>

You are looking at the first mapping in section 6.4.3. Read futher in the
same section. "Another possible mapping of the doExample method is as
follows. In this example, the part named body in the DoExample message is
mapped as xsd:complexType:

DoExampleResponse doExample(DoExample body) throws java.rmi.
RemoteException;"

This is the kind of mapping that Axis uses. Also note that the last
paragraph of 6.4.1 indicates that the mapping is specific to a JAX-RPC
implementation and is not portable. So this is not a valid test.

</rjs>

7. Full bean constructor issue
The TCK, in various places, assumes the generated beans have full
constructors. While full constructors on beans are certainly reasonable,
they are not mandated by any spec, so we believe the TCK should not

We agree with your assessment and have logged bug 4708365

8. Stub/Call get/setProperty issue

This has been logged as bug 4708407

<rjs>

More Issues:

9. The jaxrpc.ee.sec tests has direct references to the service location
class (BasicAuthServiceTestService1_Impl) and the URIs. These need to be
changed to use the TSJAXRPCInterface.

10. jaxrpc.ee.j2w.marshalltest does not have MySericeException.class in the
J2WMarshallTest.jar. This class is necessary to generate an appropriate
wsdl file.

</rjs>

Rich 'Shirley' Scheuerle
IBM WebSphere & Axis Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)