Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Venky Vasant <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/27 15:32:15 UTC

web interface for tomcat service

Is there a way i can start/stop tomcat service  through a web interface which is right now setup as a service ..

Thanks
Venkat

Re: web interface for tomcat service

Posted by Venky Vasant <ve...@yahoo.com>.
Actually not . i generally start/stop on windows services utility but wanted know if it can be done on web interface like tomcat manager .

Regards
Venkat

________________________________
Posted by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.
Martin , Venkat is not aking about IDE , he is asking such as  webmin or
tomcat manager kind... so that he can restart the remote tomcat service..

-Arvind S

*
"Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison*

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: web interface for tomcat service

Posted by Venky Vasant <ve...@yahoo.com>.
Its windows.. the reasons are one of our deployment server is also some kind of network server where i cant login and depend on some one else to do this for me everytime i have restart.

Regards
Venkat

> Is there a way i can start/stop tomcat service  through a web interface which is right now setup as a service ..
Maybe.
Now if you were as kind as indicating which Tomcat you are talking about, under which kind of platform, you may get better answers.
Maybe also a word or two about why you want to be able to do that ?

Re: web interface for tomcat service

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.