Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Conrad Crampton <co...@SecData.com> on 2016/03/16 09:33:12 UTC

ListHDFS cache (again)

Hi,
The subject of invalidating/ resetting the cache/ forcing new listing returned from ListHDFS was raised back in December 2015 [1] with the ‘resolution’ to delete the backing DistributedMapCacheClientService and add a different one. I have tried this – recreated completely from scratch, different name, different node, different port – all manner of combinations, but still the listing returned from ListHDFS starts where it left off. Satanic forces are at work here on my cluster I’m sure!!!

The odd thing is that there was an moment when I ran the flow where it did start from scratch but I can’t remember the circumstances of this. I’ve tried rebooting the NCM to no avail.

Any further suggestions to those in [1] as this is a bit of a show stopper as I can’t get the data into the flow I want no matter how I try.

I have got this working again, but only by deleting the processor and recreating. A bit of a faff so would be interested if anyone else had same problem and any tips on a better workaround than mine.

Thanks
Conrad

[1] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-users/201512.mbox/%3CCAEf2RqDGoTGkBd4dnLhuawPr4oOmFF7rRkrv_=AE8u2Rq6O-fw@mail.gmail.com%3E

SecureData, combating cyber threats
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered Address: SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT

Re: ListHDFS cache (again)

Posted by Conrad Crampton <co...@SecData.com>.
Hi Mark,
I’m using 0.5.1 and yes I am using DistributedMapCacheClientService (that is the only option isn’t it?).
Deleting the local file I guess is the piece that I’m missing – recreating the processor therefore would have a different id and I suppose this is the reason for it starting after that.

I understand why it would be an edge case to be able to clear the cache for this processor, but there are times when a major balls up requires one to reprocess a load of files in HDFS!

Thanks, I’ll look out for 0.6

Conrad

From: Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, 16 March 2016 at 12:36
To: "users@nifi.apache.org<ma...@nifi.apache.org>" <us...@nifi.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: ListHDFS cache (again)

Conrad,

If you are using a version that used DistributedMapCacheClientService, it also was saving state in a local file,
$NIFI_HOME/conf/state/<processor uuid>

You would need to delete that file, as well. I am not sure though if it would notice that the file was deleted
without restarting NiFi. That processor wasn't really designed with the intent of allowing the user to clear
the cache.

That said, in NiFi 0.6.0, which should be coming very soon (hopefully next week?) it has been updated
to allow users to very easily view and reset the state. Hopefully that will ease the pain for you.

Thanks
-Mark

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered Address: SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT

***This email originated outside SecureData***

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/3btdVV2+MQvGX2PQPOmvUg5!3elP1qzzaasieKVLFyIFErGdCBN8EnXT9xYndTKV1Buv4e!TI0sJwVIOzJj0SQ==> to report this email as spam.

Re: ListHDFS cache (again)

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Conrad,