Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "fabrizio.spataro" <fa...@bizmate.it> on 2015/11/10 17:49:46 UTC

Camel 2.16 vs Jetty9 vs camel-websocket

Hello,

i would use camel 2.16 + jetty9 + camel-websocket but this component depends
from jetty8.

How can i do?

i am trying force to use jetty9 from maven without success.

Re: Camel 2.16 vs Jetty9 vs camel-websocket

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I looked at this briefly when I updated a bunch of things to be able to use Jetty9.   In CXF, we were able to use a bit of reflection to allow the CXF web socket transport to support both Jetty 8 and Jetty 9.   However, camel-websocket uses a LOT LOT more of the web socket API’s than CXF does and it didn’t look possible to support both Jetty 8 and 9 from the same component.  That then brings up the question of whether we split it into a “common”, “jetty8”, and “jetty9” set like we have for HTTP or just completely drop the Jetty 8 support. If we drop Jetty 8, that would then also mandate Karaf 4 when using camel-websocket in OSGi.

Dan

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yeah I think there is a ticket about upgrading camel-websocket to
> jetty 9. We love help so anyone who has the time is welcome to help
> with this. It should IMHO be jetty9 by default as 8 is EOL.
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> jetty8 and jetty9 have a different websocket handler interface, so you
>> can't just replace the jetty version unless the component includes two
>> specific implementations that can be used depending on the available
>> version.
>>
>> if you want to choose your own serverlet container (e.g., jetty9,
>> tomcat8, etc), you can use camel-atmosphere-websocket.

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i would use camel 2.16 + jetty9 + camel-websocket but this component depends
>>> from jetty8.
>>>
>>> How can i do?
>>>
>>> i am trying force to use jetty9 from maven without success.
>>>

>>> --

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Daniel Kulp

Re: Camel 2.16 vs Jetty9 vs camel-websocket

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I think there is a ticket about upgrading camel-websocket to
jetty 9. We love help so anyone who has the time is welcome to help
with this. It should IMHO be jetty9 by default as 8 is EOL.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> jetty8 and jetty9 have a different websocket handler interface, so you
> can't just replace the jetty version unless the component includes two
> specific implementations that can be used depending on the available
> version.
>
> if you want to choose your own serverlet container (e.g., jetty9,
> tomcat8, etc), you can use camel-atmosphere-websocket.

>> Hello,
>>
>> i would use camel 2.16 + jetty9 + camel-websocket but this component depends
>> from jetty8.
>>
>> How can i do?
>>
>> i am trying force to use jetty9 from maven without success.
>>

>> --

Claus Ibsen

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.