Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Christian Mielke <cm...@nc-ag.de> on 2008/02/18 08:47:37 UTC

Policies in services.xml

Hello,
I want to use WS-Policy for my Web-Services. So I add a policy inside my WSDL and then I use WSDL2JAVA to generate my code. When I use this tool, the services.xml gets also generated, but why isn't the used policy of the WSDL also written in the generated services.xml so that I only have to add the neccessary RAMPART parameters?
Greetings
Christian

Re: Policies in services.xml

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
There are two things
1. Normally you can not set the Rampart specific polices in a wsdl file. So
any way you have to add them to the services.xml
2. There is no need to add polices in the wsdl to the services.xml. At the
deployment time, the deployment engine creates the AxisObject structure
using the WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder. This correctly sets the polices to the
AxisObject structure.

thanks,
Amila.

--