Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Guest <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/16 06:34:37 UTC

Number of data rows

Hello All,

I am a new POI user. I have a problem reading the excel sheet.
Basically i m trying to read the row from excel sheet and put it in a text file.
But, when i m reading the files..how can i know how many number of rows i have
to iterate
over the sheet??? I tried with sheet.getPhysicalNumberOfRows() method and also
with the
sheet.rowIterator()...but i believe this is not what i want.

For ex: In a excel sheet, if i have a template where i have yellow background
upto 15 rows
and data on that column upto 5 rows. Both the above methods are returning me 15
instead of 5.
Why?? Is there any method which will just check for the values???

Please reply.
regards
vicks

AW: Number of data rows

Posted by Karl-Heinz Zengerle <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hi vicks.

You've to take that 15 rows and to check for null rows and inside for
null cells or empty cells (however you define it).

It's not that simple point of view that what you see is the same inside
storage. My experience is that also the history of changes in the file
influence some interior details and thus some statistical values. But
when you query the things above the things run like expected.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.