Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vi...@mymcsb.com on 2004/11/17 10:30:17 UTC

Strange Problem!: Connection time out while using URLConnection connect method

Hi All,

I am facing a very strange problem. When I run tomcat4.1.27 in command prompt, I am able to connect and call a servlet deployed in it from another java program running on another machine using using URLConnection connect method.

But when I run tomcat server from windows services, the client program is not able to call the deployed servlet and throws the below exception at the line where connect method is invoked.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Has anyone else faced this strange problem. The only difference is in the way tomcat server has been started. When started in command prompt there are no problems in connecting to the server and calling the servlet deployed in it! I need to badly get this working when tomcat is started as a windows service.

Thanks in Advance.

Vignesh.