Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2005/07/22 15:18:22 UTC

Re: set the UIDs and GIDs in Mod_Perl 2

Shane De Jager wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am in the process of moving to mod perl from CGI. Under modCGI i could set UIDs and GID with suExec. Is this possible with mod_perl2? If so, how is it done?

Not at the moment, Shane.
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Is_it_possible_to_run_mod_perl_enabled_Apache_as_suExec_

This may change in the future if perchild or metux MPM will be released.
This will allow to have groups of processes/threads running under a given
uid/gid, which may or may not suit your needs (e.g. it probably won't
scale well if you have hundreds of users you want to 'suexec' to).