Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Yang <te...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/23 02:34:03 UTC

small problem with pigUnit

if I have an assert line:

assertOutput('myinput' , input_data, 'myoutput', output_data);

and in my test pig script, I dump out the var myoutput:

dump myoutput;

the UDF used in the script fails to get its parameters , i.e. for the
following script:

myinput = LOAD 'blahblah' as x: tuple(something something something);

myoutput = FOREACH myinput GENERATE myUDF(x);

dump myoutput;  ------  this causes problems

STORE myoutput INTO 'blahbbbbbbb';

does this sound like a bug?

Thanks
Yang

Re: small problem with pigUnit

Posted by Yang <te...@gmail.com>.
the issue is that if you have the "dump" line,  the udf "myUDF(x)" fails to
get the
parameter : as I debug into the udf, the parameter tuple.get(0) gives NULL

Yang

Posted by Subir S <su...@gmail.com>.