Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by so...@gmail.com on 2005/04/19 08:06:38 UTC

Re: making search a real usecase (Another BUG!)

> I coded the search usecase yesterday.  It works well and solves the
> issues from above.  There are two items left:
> 1. Need to rewrite "{pub}/lenya/lucene.xmap" so it fails.
> 2. It uses checkboxes to allow searching multiple languages.  Browsers
> send multiple entries in the form's GET, but my code assumes
> concatenated data ("en,de").  In "search-and-results.xsp":
>
> I tried:
> String language = <xsp-request:get-parameter name="language" default="en"/>;
> This code does not return all values when the data is in multiple parameters.
>
> I switched to:
> String language = <xsp-request:get-parameter-values as="xml"
> name="language" default="en"/>;
> but that errors with:
> "Type mismatch: cannot convert from void to String"
> XSPRequestHelper.getParameterValues(objectModel, this.contentHandler,
> "language", null, null);
>
> I am assuming this is a BUG.  Let me know if I missed something.   I
> will override with client-side JavaScript for now.

Changed my mind again; I did not like the client-side JavaScript.  Now
"search-and-results.xsp" parses the query_string to get a multi-value
string for "language".  It works well.

FOUND ANOTHER BUG!
String urlQuerystring = <xsp-request:get-query-string />;
BUG: The query string is repeated.
GIVEN: http://myserver/something?cms=lenya&dev=solprovider
RETURNS: cms=lenya&dev=solprovider&cms=lenya&dev=solprovider

This bug does not affect my code, since it only cares if a language is
listed at all and ignores repeats.  And it is possible to unique() the
values if necessary.  But it is still a bug.

solprovider