Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by brian <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/15 11:36:22 UTC

newbie / cygwin

Hi,

I'm trying to start hadoop 0.20.1 on cygwin, confirm that.  ssh and sshd
processes are running and I can ssh localhost.Java 1.6.0 is also
installed and I can run both java and javac  from the directory I am
running these scripts in. However, when I run "hadoop namenode  -format"
I get
at the end of the script.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

Also, when I run "bin/start-all.sh" I get

localhost: "C:/Program Files/Git/bin/bash.exe":
/cygdrive/c/apache/hadoop/hadoop-0.20.1/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: No such
file or directory

although that file is there.

thanks,
Brian