Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Kevo X Thomson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/08 10:25:04 UTC

[Flash Builder] Mystery email from Adobe Licensing

This morning I received an email from Adobe titled "Your Adobe licensing
order has been processed".

As I hadn't knowingly ordered anything, I investigated further. It appears
that they've issued new serial numbers for registered users of Flash
Builder 4.x to work with the new release of Flash Builder 4.7

There was no mention of which product was purchased, so it was a bit of a
process to figure out what had happened.

Regards,

Kevo

Re: [Flash Builder] Mystery email from Adobe Licensing

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevo,

I don't see anything wrong with your posting as you clearly marked the
thread as having to do with Flash Builder. Jeffry's comments, as he stated,
were just a tad bit anal retentive as you aren't posting questions to Adobe
on Apache Flex's mailing list but instead simply sharing some info with the
rest of the group. I think the tone could have been friendlier, we don't
want to shoo community members away from participating, but he isn't wrong.

To Jeffrey's point though, we try to keep the contents of this mailing list
to be about the development of the Flex SDK itself. If your intention is to
actually reach users of the Apache Flex SDK the more relevant list would be
flex-users@ instead.

I hope you don't let this thread deter you from future participation. This
group is for all Flex developers! :)

-Omar Gonzalez
Apache Flex PPMC
s9tpepper@apache.org

Posted by Kevo X Thomson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/8/12 2:46 PM, "Jeffry Houser" <je...@dot-com-it.com> wrote:

> On 12/8/2012 5:37 PM, Kevo X Thomson wrote:
>> As far as I know, you need Flash Builder 4.7 to work with Apache Flex.
>
>   You are misinformed:
>
>   If you want to develop applications with Apache Flex 4.8, you can use
> Flash Builder 4.6 just fine.
Jeffry, this is mostly true, but isn't completely true.  Apache Flex 4.8
uses SWFObject's expressinstall.swf for player version detection instead of
the Adobe proprietary playerProductInstall.swf.  Flash Builder 4.6 only
knows how to copy the playerProductInstall.swf to the output folder, so if
you build out an app with Flash Builder 4.6, the player version detection
won't work.  This is handled correctly by Flash Builder 4.7.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [Flash Builder] Mystery email from Adobe Licensing

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

ask them: http://forums.adobe.com/community/flash_builder or possibly

Posted by Kevo X Thomson <ke...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, you need Flash Builder 4.7 to work with Apache Flex.

I also demarked the title with [Flash Builder] to give a clue as to the
contents.

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

Posted by Kevo X Thomson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I found a URL you can use to request an update from 4.5 or 4.6

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=aqd5Yq*ONlcAvnasuWDB8w#

Posted by Kevo X Thomson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@nycsmalltalk.org>.
neither did I