Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Selvam <s....@gmail.com> on 2012/02/11 05:35:33 UTC

Joining multicore to return top results

Hi,

This should be trivial question, still I am failing to get the details.I
have 2 cores+default collection,

*collection1:*
article_id
title
content

*core0:*
cluster_id
cluster_name
cluster_count

*core1:*
article_id
article_cluster_id
score

Given an article_id, I want to return top 10 ( based on score field in
core1 ) other articles falling in the same cluster. I would like to know,
how to implement this as I am fairly new to Solr.

Version used : Solr 3.5
S.Selvam
http://knackforge.com

Re: Joining multicore to return top results

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
>From  your example, it rather looks like you've moved some DB
tables into separate cores and are trying to do some SQL-like
operations. Stop that! <G>...

Solr really isn't built for this kind of operation. I know this goes
against all your DB training, but can you simply de-normalize
all the data and put it into a single core/index? Solr searches lots and
lots of data very efficiently, but any time you try to make it behave
like a database, you should take a step back and ask if this is
really the way to use Solr...

And, of course, I may be misinterpreting your problem entirely...

Best
Erick