Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> on 2008/06/05 15:12:52 UTC

How to change Http Sampler file sent during run

Hi. I would like to be able to change the file sent in the body of the http
request during run. So that if i have many threads configured to send this
request, each one will send a different file which will be editted
during run.

For example, if the file contains this:
<message>
	<type>Alerts</type>
	<acc_id>16128</acc_id>
	<acc_ip>10.206.91.6</acc_ip>
</message>
I would like to change the field <acc_ip> for each thread before it
executes.
I don't want to define it manually by defining different tests, since i want
to run more then 1000 combinations.
Currently the only way i can see to do this is to checkout the JMeter src
files, and to add my additions to class:HTTPSampler:sendPostData method, so
that before send i would change the file to send.

I am sure there is a more elegant way to do this, by some how replacing the
HTTPSampler default class or something else.

Another thing: i would also like to do some logic after the response is
received before running another test. Cause i want to change files for a
different test depending on the result of test A.

Please let me know what is the best way to do this.

Thanks

Re: How to change Http Sampler file sent during run

Posted by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com>.
Great, it worked. thanks a lot.
I have another question related: I want to process results on my own, so i
can use the results as input in a csv configuration file for another test.
What is the best way to do this? can i add my own listener?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com>.