Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com> on 2016/08/17 20:42:16 UTC

AJAX video stream for VM console is broken in Chrome

Has anyone observed issues in using Chrome for VM console sessions?  Since recently we have had reports from many but not all users seeing white blank space where VM screen output goes. Other parts of the window e.g. Ctrl-Alt-Del button works just fine so it seems that AJAX stream is broken in Chrome although no other sites were reported with the same issues.
I attached a screenshot of console window. Has anyone seen this issue or knows if there is a workaround except using a different browser?

Re: AJAX video stream for VM console is broken in Chrome

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergey,

Could you check if disk is full in console proxy vm?

-Wei

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.
FYI. Issue is fixed in recently release Chrome v 53. After the update no more WSOD ‘white square of death’

On 8/19/16, 1:51 AM, "Rohit Yadav" <ro...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

    Hi Sergey,

    Since the same URL open perfectly fine in a tab, there must be something in your installation of Chrome blocking elements in the pop-up. Can you try to upgrade to latest Chrome, and then enable pop-ups in Chrome (follow something like: http://www.wikihow.com/Allow-Pop-ups-on-Google-Chrome).

    You also are using ssl enabled console proxy, but the certificate is valid as per Chrome so it should not block any of the iframe elements but in one of the screenshots the URL call to the https based console proxy URL did not load or was blocked in the popup (which is where you don't see the certificate in the security tab). Based on the screenshots, it looks like Chrome hit one error. Can you share what error was reported on the console. With the console popup opened, open chrome developer tools and click on 'Console' tab and share what error you got there.

    Regards.

    ________________________________

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.
Yes, latest Chrome. No errors in console cloud.log. A parallel request from the same client using Firefox, Safari or IE works. It is obviously Chrome related but I am wondering if it is due to a way how Cloudstack sends video stream. Other sites seem to be OK in this regard accessed by Chrome from the same client.

On 8/17/16, 10:05 PM, "Rajani Karuturi" <ra...@apache.org> wrote:

    It can be browser specific. In the past, similar issues were
    reported on IE8/9. Is it the latest chrome version?

    It may be performace/bandwidth related. Do you see this when
    there are more consoles open?
    Do you see any errors in cloud.log on console proxy vm?

    ~ Rajani
    http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/

    On August 18, 2016 at 2:16 AM, Sergey Levitskiy
    (Sergey.Levitskiy@autodesk.com) wrote:
    The screenshot is here:
    https://autodesk.box.com/s/ry9xe5ugt8h9f3b9sr0ddv4qnsp9v8d8

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.