Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2009/08/12 01:46:44 UTC

OpenSocial/SocialSite/Wookie meetup at ApacheCon

The proposed meetup for widget and open social related technologies at
ApacheCon US is going ahead.

It will be organised as a barcamp style event, that is the programme
will be set on the night. We'll be focussing on short presentations
(up to 15 mins) and lightning talks (5 mins)

Head on over to
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/SocialAndWidgetsMeetup to sign up and
suggest topics.

Help spread the word to all interest parties.

If your company might be interested in sponsoring beer/snacks/food
please get in touch, I'm talking to the ApacheCon sponsor coordinator
to work out a package that makes sense for MeetUp sponsors.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk

Re: Fwd: OpenSocial/SocialSite/Wookie meetup at ApacheCon

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.
8pm

On Nov 5, 2009 4:32 PM, "๏̯͡๏ Jasvir Nagra" <ja...@google.com> wrote:

What time will this be starting?

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote: > Just a
reminder that this even...

Re: Fwd: OpenSocial/SocialSite/Wookie meetup at ApacheCon

Posted by ๏̯͡๏ Jasvir Nagra <ja...@google.com>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.

Re: OpenSocial/SocialSite/Wookie meetup at ApacheCon

Posted by Sheila MacNeill <s....@strath.ac.uk>.
Hi David

That's great,  just one admin thing - we have a booking system which
we could use for the widget meeting I'm more than happy to do that,
but it might be easier to do everything centrally as I suspect a fair
few people will want to go to both events. So do you think we could
just have the one registration site? Also there was some mention of a
charge in one of the emails, CETIS doesn't have the admin capacity to
manage charged for meetings and I'm suspecting that you wouldn't want
to charge for attendance either.

Sheila

On 13 Aug 2009, at 09:37, David FLANDERS wrote:

> I think I've got a venue (just waiting for confirmation) at the
> University of London Student Union (ULU) for the 13th of October to
> do the Widget Training Camp Meet-up?
>
> So is putting "Apache" on there a go or no go?  And yes I'd like to
> advertise this as openly as possible including the London barcamp
> groups I belong to: 20+ groups.
>
> Best, DFF

Sheila MacNeill
Assistant Director
JISC CETIS
University of Strathclyde
email:s.macneill@strath.ac.uk
tel:01415484644
skype:sheilmcn

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.

Re: OpenSocial/SocialSite/Wookie meetup at ApacheCon

Posted by Ross Gardler <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Please note the topic of this thread is a meetup at Apachecon in
Oakland. The proposed London meetup is a different beast.

I'll respond in more detail when I'm not in a field in Buckinghamshire
(Tuesday). In the meantime see my earlier posts re Apache brand.

Ross

Sent from my mobile device.