Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2014/06/06 10:12:56 UTC

Adding Atlassian repos but keeping maven central?

If I add the atlassian repos (the SDK local disk repo and the
https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public repo to the settings.xml,
will maven still fetch dependencies from maven central?

I have tried googling for the behaviour here, and I have tried running
 mvn help:active-profiles
without becoming any wiser:
 - With atlassian-profile in <activeProfiles> atlassian-profile is
   listed as the only active profile
 - With an empty <activeProfiles> element, no active profiles are listed
 - With no <activeProfiles> element, no active profiles are listed

Below is my ~/.m2/settings.xml file.

Should I make the atlassian-profile activeByDefault, instead of listing
it in <activeProfiles>? (the theory being that all activeByDefault
profiles will be enabled which would include both the one with maven
central, and atlassian-profile)

Or shouldn't I worry about it, because maven central will always be
used?

Thanks!

- Steinar

My ~/.m2/settings.xml file:

<settings>
 <profiles>
  <profile>
   <id>atlassian-profile</id>
   <repositories>
    <repository>
     <id>atlassian-public</id>
     <url>https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public</url>
     <snapshots>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
      <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
      <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
     </snapshots>
     <releases>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
      <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
     </releases>
    </repository>
    <repository>
     <id>atlassian-plugin-sdk</id>
     <url>file://${env.ATLAS_HOME}/repository</url>
     <snapshots>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
     </snapshots>
     <releases>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
      <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
     </releases>
    </repository>
   </repositories>
   <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
     <id>atlassian-public</id>
     <url>https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public</url>
     <snapshots>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
      <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
      <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
     </snapshots>
     <releases>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
      <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
     </releases>
    </pluginRepository>
    <pluginRepository>
     <id>atlassian-plugin-sdk</id>
     <url>file://${env.ATLAS_HOME}/repository</url>
     <snapshots>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
     </snapshots>
     <releases>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
      <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
     </releases>
    </pluginRepository>
   </pluginRepositories>
  </profile>
 </profiles>
 <activeProfiles>
  <activeProfile>default</activeProfile>
  <activeProfile>atlassian-profile</activeProfile>
 </activeProfiles>
</settings>

Re: Adding Atlassian repos but keeping maven central?

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.
AFAICT, Central will always be used unless overridden by another repo with
the same ID, or defining a mirror.

Profiles add up to the default configuration, they don't replace.

Posted by Cintia Del Rio <mi...@gmail.com>.
It's possible, of course.

The problem is that some dependencies from atlassian-public will have
dependencies in other proxied repositories (not necessarily central). So
you might ending up trying to find the original repositories, and adding
all of them in your settings.xml.

Doable, of course.

--
-------

Posted by Adrien Rivard <ad...@gmail.com>.

--
Adrien Rivard

Re: Adding Atlassian repos but keeping maven central?

Posted by Cintia Del Rio <mi...@gmail.com>.

-------