Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jan Jirout <ji...@coroptis.com> on 2009/12/08 11:40:34 UTC

page name generating

Hi,

I have two probably related problems.

1) I have business object Article and User and also I have package
com.myapp.pages. Inside this package are placed pages Article and User.
Both of them works and contains with business object Article and User.
It lead to state when I have to fully specify business object package
name. I woud like to use page names as ArticlePage and UserPage but in
tml file use refference to them as "user" and "article"

2) I have page class files like createNewUser.java and template
createNewUser.tml. When I access this page URL is "createnewnser" but I
would like to see URL "create-new-user".

I think that both problems are related to "name stripping", but I don't
know how to add new rules to this process. It seems to me, that "URL
rewriting" doesn't help at all.

thanks for help

Jan

Re: page name generating

Posted by Paul Field <pa...@db.com>.
There's a JIRA issue about this with a variety of ideas and discussion:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-633

There really isn't a good answer to this at the moment, that I can see.
The URL rewriting means you still need to use the "Page" postfix in .tml
fies (e.g. for links), which I think is confusing.

Currently, we're tending to use "View" as the postfix (e.g. ArticleView
and UserView) because at least it resembles a REST-style verb in the URLs
(as opposed to having the word "page" in the URL - which sucks), but it's
really not ideal for us.

Paul

"Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> wrote on 08/12/2009
11:59:28:

> Em Tue, 08 Dec 2009 08:40:34 -0200, Jan Jirout <ji...@coroptis.com>
> escreveu:
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hi!
>
> > I think that both problems are related to "name stripping", but I
don't
> > know how to add new rules to this process. It seems to me, that "URL
> > rewriting" doesn't help at all.
>
> URL rewriting is definitely the best solution to both your problems.
Using
> it, you have total control about your URLs.
>
> The "I woud like to use page names as ArticlePage and UserPage but in
tml
> file use refference to them as 'user' and 'article'" could be solved by
> decorating or advising the ComponentSource and changing the parameter of

> the getPage() method. I suggest you to not do that, as one of the
beauties
> of Tapestry is exactly that the page class, the template and how you
> reference the page are all the same.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer,

> and instructor
> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
> Informação Ltda.
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

---

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.