Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by mi...@freenet.de on 2003/08/28 20:33:51 UTC

Problems with MathML Formulas and the fop developer version

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, it helped me.
How can I set the fop-0_20_2-maintain tag?

I hava now a fop.jar and so on with MathML Support and this works with the ExampleFO2PDF.java and the given examples

and: driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.mathml.MathMLElementMapping");. OK.

But I hava now other problems if I use the new fop.jar ... with my existing classes for pdf transformation. In the

Developer build fop.jar there are no packages:
- org.apache.fop.messaging
- org.apache.fop.configuration more.

And the method:
setLogger(org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger)  in class org.apache.fop.apps.Driver is deprecated?!

And:
driver.setLogger(new org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(Logger.getRoot())); for Log4J is also dropped.

Where can I get the lost classes or are they dropped in newer versions?
There are also not generated with build.bat.

The problem is following I let all the pdf status (messages) infos in a JTextPane. That's why I need Log4J because my personal JTextPane use this.
The old code works not more with the new fop.jar.

Here is the significant code:

// Sun
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import javax.swing.*;
// FOP
import org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.*;
import org.apache.fop.apps.*;
import org.apache.fop.messaging.*;
// Log4J
import org.apache.log4j.*;
import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.w3c.dom.*;
// Apache
import org.xml.sax.*;
import javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMSource;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;

        // Log4J
        Layout myConsoleLayout = new SimpleLayout();
        TextPaneAppender tpa = new TextPaneAppender(myConsoleLayout, "ConsoleAppender", false);
        tpa.setTextPane(textPane);
        tpa.setThreshold(Priority.INFO);
        Logger.getRootLogger().addAppender(tpa);

        // Construct FOP driver
        Driver driver = new Driver();

        //  1.
        driver.setLogger(new org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(Logger.getRoot()));
        driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);

        // 2.
        MessageHandler.setOutputMethod(MessageHandler.EVENT);
        MessageHandler.addListener(new TextPaneMessageListener());
        MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(new ConsoleLogger(ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_INFO));

        // necessary because images
        org.apache.fop.configuration.Configuration.put("baseDir", xslFile.getParent());

        driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.mathml.MathMLElementMapping");

        try
        {
          InputHandler inputHandler = new XSLTInputHandler(tempFile, xslFile);

          // Setup output
          OutputStream out = new java.io.FileOutputStream(outFile);
          XMLReader parser = inputHandler.getParser();

          driver.setOutputStream(out);
          driver.render(parser, inputHandler.getInputSource());
          out.close();

        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        { ...
        }

  class TextPaneMessageListener extends DefaultMessageListener
  {
    public void processMessage(MessageEvent event)
    {
      .... // let to JTextPane
    }
  }

Can anybody give me some hints?

Thank you very much, Micha

--
Gratis:
Nokia Handy  (bei Abschluss eines 24 Monats Vertrages) +

Re: Problems with MathML Formulas and the fop developer version

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
michaweg@freenet.de wrote:
> How can I set the fop-0_20_2-maintain tag?

See
  http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html#cvsbasics

> Developer build fop.jar there are no packages:
> - org.apache.fop.messaging
> - org.apache.fop.configuration more.

HEAD uses Avalon logging and configuration. Actually, I don't
think configuration works.

J.Pietschmann