Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2021/09/19 19:43:39 UTC

Commons CLI 1.5 for Maven 4.0.0

Folks,

I'd like to pick up "[MNG-7217] Completely update CLI handling according
to Commons CLI 1.4 documentation" next month and like to ask fellow
committers whether any substantial changes have been done in CLI between
1.4 and master and if yes, whether someone would be able to push a
relase for the upcoming Maven version to avoid additional migration work
for me?

The last release has been 4,5 years ago.

Yes, I am a Commons committer too, but am too busy to do a release here
for now.

Regards,

Michael

Re: Commons CLI 1.5 for Maven 4.0.0

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Thanks Gary!

I remember I found one issue, but need to remember which and report it.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2021-10-03 um 14:31 schrieb Gary Gregory:
> Is there anything specific you need to be included in a 1.5 release? I am
> not sure the changes.xml file is up to date as it's been a while since 1.4.

I have noticed on issue with the help output. --color option has now an
optional value, but the help output still shows that the args is
mandary, brackets are missing. Otherwise, no specific issues for 1.5.

Re: Commons CLI 1.5 for Maven 4.0.0

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.