Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2003/03/22 16:45:44 UTC

Re: Zope, SSO & Jetspeed

I just wanted to note that I solved this issue by extending IFramePortlet
and adding the current username/password to the URL such as....

Given in xreg config...
https://www.myexternalsite.com/someapp/

After going through my custom IFramePortlet...
https://someuser:somepass@www.myexternalsite.com/someapp/

Note that this assumes that the site in question is using BASIC
authentication.  I also recommend that this *only* be done when using
SSL.  Some might not even be comfortable with the fact that the <iframe>
src attribute has the username/password combo written there is plain site
of someone doing a view-source.  But, it is a solution if you are
comfortable with it.

Jake

Re: Zope, SSO & Jetspeed

Posted by Todd Kuebler <tk...@cisco.com>.
That sounds like something useful, any chance of submitting the patch +
having this feature config file driven so you could turn it on and
off?  I'm guessing all the web page type portlets would benefit from
it.  If you don't have the time maybe you could just post the code and let
someone else on this list make the patches, etc?  I had explored something
like this a while back and was thinking that the URL Manager could handle
it, but ended up doing something diffent.   Anyone else with ideas?

-tk