Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jon Andersen <ja...@umich.edu> on 2005/02/19 01:41:01 UTC

Ignore missing goals when using reactor?

I'd like to use the reactor to execute goals across many projects, but
not have the build fail when a goal does not exist.  That is, if a
sub-project doesn't have the required goal, just ignore that subproject
and move on.

The reactor has the ignoreFailures attribute, but that doesn't work for
me.  I don't want to ignore goals that fail, just goals that don't
exist.

Has anyone solved this before?

Thanks,

-Jon Andersen
Software developer
734-260-6083 (work)
734-646-5577 (home)
Digital Media Commons - Duderstadt Center
University of Michigan

RE: Ignore missing goals when using reactor?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Two replies are better than nothing ;-)

Arnaud

Posted by baleineca <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by baleineca <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
long short, can you make all projects inherit a master project which
has your goal to do nothing. This way reactor will invoke the dummy
goal when it is not able to
find goal in the targeted project.

-D