Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> on 2016/08/28 13:27:28 UTC

Issues with release notes in 3.4.9 RC2 (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.9 candidate 2)

> On 27 Aug 2016, at 00:16, Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Looking at release notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12334700
>

>   - [ZOOKEEPER-2396 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2396>]
>   - Login object in ZooKeeperSaslClient is static
>
>          There is no bits related to this JIRA went to 3.4.9. Maybe there
> was a mistake on marking the target version as 3.4.9? Should we keep this
> in relesae note or remove it?

It is resolved through a different issue, ZK-2139. I can go either, including or excluding it.

>   - [ZOOKEEPER-1676 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1676>]
>   - C client zookeeper_interest returning ZOK on Connection Loss
>
>          There is no bits related to this JIRA went to 3.4.9 either, as
> this is closed as 'not a bug'. I'd expect such not a bug issue be excluded
> in release notes, as it does not provide any useful information, though I
> am not sure what's the standard practice in previous releases.

Agreed, better not to include if we classified as not a problem.

-Flavio

Re: Issues with release notes in 3.4.9 RC2 (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.9 candidate 2)

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.
IIUC, the summary of this discussion is that no one (yet) sees the
issues flagged
as blockers for the 3.4.9 release. No one yet has decided to vote -1. (If
anybody has concerns, I'm happy to create another release candidate.)

This [VOTE] is still open, so kindly do review the RC and vote.

Thanks,
Rakesh

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.