Posted to users@maven.apache.org by johnnyCash <de...@tiscali.co.uk> on 2009/04/28 22:01:31 UTC

Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified

Have just tried to install MAVEN 2.1.0 and set all my system variables. Every
different version of MAVEN_OPTS results in ...

C:\Users\John>mvn --version
Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified

It is currently a user variable ...
MAVEN_OPTS=-Xms256m -Xmx512m

Any ideas?

Re: Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified

Posted by masud <ma...@csebuet.org>.
Setting up MAVEN_OPTS (MAVEN_OPTS=-Xms256m -Xmx512m) as an environment
variable is creating problems. Just leave it blank (MAVEN_OPTS=), then mvn
should work fine.

Re: Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> It is currently a user variable ...
> MAVEN_OPTS=-Xms256m -Xmx512m

That may need to be in quotes.... MAVEN_OPTS="-Xms ... -Xmx ..."

Wayne

Re: Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.
Google finds a number of Sun JDK bugs for this error message - which
JDK/version are you using?

As a workaround, try setting -Xms and -Xmx to the same value if you can
tolerate that setting.

Brett