Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> on 2005/11/04 10:46:48 UTC

Axis2 versus C++

Hello,

I am slightly confused about the possibility of generating C/C++ Code with
Axis2.
Is C/C++ code generation possible

- using command line similar to Axis1
- only via Eclipse plugin
- not possible at all

???

I am using version 0.92.

Thanks in advance

Franz

Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
____________________________________
ISO Software Systeme
Eichendorffstrasse 29
90491 Nuremberg
Germany

Tel. : +49/(911) - 99594-0
Fax  : +49/(911) - 99594-580

mailto:feh@isogmbh.de
http://www.isogmbh.de

Re: [Axis2] Added array_list

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I added linked list as well and wrote a test

thanks
damitha

[Axis2] implemented strdup

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I wrote our own implementation of strdup. This is because, the default
strdup that we get with libs are not ANSI C complient.
Please use the AXIS2_STRDUP macro in the Axis2C code when you want to
duplicate strings.
The resulting pointer has to be freed using AXIS2_FREE

Thanks,
Samisa...

[Axis2] Added array_list

Re: Axis2 versus C++

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Hi John,

> We've got customer commitments on version 1 which make it impossible
> for us to help in v.2 - resources...resources...sigh .

Understood!

> This was the reason why I mentioned the tests. If we could see that
> the v2 was close to getting the complete set of tests working and was
> reasonably stable then I could make a case for supporting and thus
> working on v2. Otherwise, we'd just be swapping resource onto a system
> that was less stable than the one we use today while still having
> customer commitments. Swapping a team (and customers) from one
> codebase to another is non-trivial - and as we give customer drops of
> code on a frequent basis it'd be very hard to justify adding this
> level of instability to us or our customers . I'm sure you understand
> how it works :-)

+1 ... we will try our best to get the tests operational at the right
time; now is clearly not the right time! (We're a long way off :))

> Do you think that v2 is going to be able to support ws-* standards
> easily - what are your plans ? It'd be good to find a migration path
> so we can plan  ahead.
>
> I don't see the plans for v2 being discussed in this list - where do
> you guys do this?

There haven't been any specific discussions around Axis2/C other than
the original stuff we discussed at the Axis2 F2Fs. The plan then was to
redo it for the reasons Paul indicated in his reply.

W.r.t. WS-*- yes we fully plan to keep pushing on building
WS-Addressing, WS-Security*, WS-ReliableMessaging and WS-AT on top of
Axis2/C. Unfortunately can't give a timeline right now but I'd like to
see Axis2/C getting to 1.0 with SOAP 1.1/1.2 and WS-Addr support early
next year. Then we are in a position to unleash WS-Sec/RM/AT etc. all in
parallel.

Hope this helps!

Sanjiva.

Re: Axis2 versus C++

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Nadir

The version 2 idea was kicked off about a year ago. When we started Axis
Java v2 we decided to do both Java and C/C++. The push is the complete
change in the WS landscape that has happened since Axis 1 was written
(Async, WS-Addressing, WS-RM, move to document style services) plus a push
to support lazy parsing and more flexible models of XML handling.

v2 is a rewrite, in C instead of C++, and so far its too early to compare
them - v1 is a full SOAP implementation and v2 is still early days.

Paul

Re: Axis2 versus C++

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Re: Axis2 versus C++