Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> on 2009/01/06 15:42:15 UTC

Re: Doxia Versioning (WAS Preparation of Doxia 1.0-beta-1 release)

One side remark about the site: for doxia-1.1 (was 1.0-beta-1) we have modified
the  apt format with the plan to render obsolete the original apt used in maven
2.0.x. If we are going to support and maintain both doxia-1.0 (was alpha branch)
and doxia-1.1 then we have to keep both formats documented on the doxia site. It's
not a big problem since we have already separate docs for the old style and the
changes in the new format [1]. I can take care to add notes about the different
versions in those documents, or should we keep two completely different
descriptions of the apt format on the site? Or two different web sites (for 1.0
and 1.1) altogether?

-Lukas

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/doxia/site/src/site/apt/references/

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Lukas Theussl wrote:

> One side remark about the site: for doxia-1.1 (was 1.0-beta-1) we have
> modified the  apt format with the plan to render obsolete the original
> apt used in maven 2.0.x. If we are going to support and maintain both
> doxia-1.0 (was alpha branch) and doxia-1.1 then we have to keep both
> formats documented on the doxia site. It's not a big problem since we
> have already separate docs for the old style and the changes in the new
> format [1]. I can take care to add notes about the different versions in
> those documents, or should we keep two completely different descriptions
> of the apt format on the site? Or two different web sites (for 1.0 and
> 1.1) altogether?

I think one set of documents is enough, if it includes notes about what
has changed over time.

--
Dennis Lundberg