Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de> on 2009/01/25 04:07:56 UTC

DataGrid - PropertyModel returns wrong propertyName

I am trying to build a generic DataSource for my JPA managed Beans. This seems
to be not that complicated.

But there is a small problem. Assume a bean with property "eMail", getter
"getEMail()" and setter "setEMail()".

In the impl of DataSource.prepare( int startIndex, int endIndex,
List<SortConstraint> sortConstraints ) :
String propName = sortConstraint.getPropertyModel().getPropertyName();

propName is "EMail"... IMHO, this is wrong. The property name in this case is
"eMail" with lower case 'e'. It's not that hard to work around - but it's ugly
to parse and modify the returned propertyname...

I am new to tapestry and I don't know if this is a bug or something that works
as it should...

	Piero