Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@apache.org on 2002/11/24 06:30:39 UTC

Broke 100 tests

We now have more than 100 tests in the new test suite.  I have been
working at this for a long time, and while the suite is getting better, it
is nowhere near done yet.  I need help with this project.  There are four
things that still need to happen:

1)  The rest of the current tests need to be ported to the new system
2)  More tests need to be written. (We have horrible coverage)
3)  Test suites are needed for apr-util and apr-iconv  (I would prefer to
use the same driver as APR is using for those).
4)  The tests need to be run everywhere so that we can make sure that we
are actually passing our tests.

I am asking for volunteers to help out with this.  I don't believe that we
can make a 1.0 release without 1 and 4 happening, and at least some of 2.

Ryan

Re: Broke 100 tests

Posted by rb...@apache.org.

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Joe Orton wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 09:30:39PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > 4)  The tests need to be run everywhere so that we can make sure that we
> > are actually passing our tests.
>
> One problem with this is that test_ctime and test_localstr functions in
> testtime.c are tied to a particular timezone - is that the intent? I can
> set TZ=America/Los_Angeles to get these passing on some platforms but
> not all.

That is not the intent, so if you have the time/desire to help, please
feel free to fix the tests.

Ryan

Re: Broke 100 tests

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@manyfish.co.uk>.
On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 09:30:39PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> 4)  The tests need to be run everywhere so that we can make sure that we
> are actually passing our tests.

One problem with this is that test_ctime and test_localstr functions in
testtime.c are tied to a particular timezone - is that the intent? I can
set TZ=America/Los_Angeles to get these passing on some platforms but
not all.

Regards,

joe