Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Holguin, Eric" <Er...@comcast.com.INVALID> on 2022/10/25 16:02:19 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: 2022-10-25 TC Working Group Agenda and Meeting Notes

  1.  Attendance

  *   Zach Hoffman
  *   Joshua Zenn
  *   Amy Wilson
  *   Kurtis Michie
  *   Srijeet Chatterjee

  1.  What would be the benefits and drawbacks from splitting T3C out into its
own repo?

  *   Most people using the trafficcontrol repo have benefitted from the mono repo strategy
  *   Already other traffic control repos out there (trafficcontrol-website, trafficcontrol-trafficops-types)
  *   Not optimal - might require most PRs to update master branch – example Apache Camel
  *   Reason to split out could be holding t3c devs back

  1.  What would it take to update Traffic Router (and the Java TO client) to
OpenJDK 13?

  *   Few library differences between 11 and 13 (nothing as drastic as LTS 8 and LTS 11)
  *   No love for OpenJDK 13 in Centos repos – doesn’t look like an option
  *   OpenJDK 17 possible option – might have to provide the rpm (like we do for tomcat)
  *   We’d be responsible to figure out where it comes from if we do upgrade
  *   Wait for Centos 7 EOL (1 year 8 months)

  1.  Would a different TC working group time get better participation?

  *   Overlap in meetings – there should be a suggestion made to the mailing list for a different time/day that works for people

  1.  Closing milestones?

  *   Closed 6.1.0 and 6.0.3
  *   Closing 7.0.0 should be determined by the release manager
  *   Adding to milestone 7.1.0 or retracting from it should be determined by the release manager

From: Zach Hoffman <zr...@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 9:22 AM
Cc: dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org <de...@trafficcontrol.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: 2022-10-25 TC Working Group Agenda and Meeting Notes