Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joël Wijngaarde <jo...@usmedia.nl> on 2003/05/29 11:41:31 UTC

Nightly Builds Set Up with maven

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a nightly build system. The idea is that every night
a fresh version is taken from CVS, a WAR is build with maven and the
final version is deployed on tomcat. I was planning to write a shell
script to perform this task and use a cronjob to schedule the job.

Probably there are some people on this list who have experiance with
setting up nightly build systems. My question is, if there is a 'good'
and a 'bad' way of setting it up, or is there a standard way of doing, a
resource where i can find more information.

Thanks for any info!

Regards,

Joel

--
Joël Wijngaarde <jo...@usmedia.nl>
Us Media

Re: Nightly Builds Set Up with maven

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@openedge.nl>.
Maybe you should take a look at: http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/

I never used it myself, but it looks promissing...

Eelco

Posted by Luca Dall'Olio <ld...@unimaticaspa.it>.
Joël Wijngaarde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup a nightly build system. The idea is that every night
> a fresh version is taken from CVS, a WAR is build with maven and the
> final version is deployed on tomcat. I was planning to write a shell
> script to perform this task and use a cronjob to schedule the job.
>
> Probably there are some people on this list who have experiance with
> setting up nightly build systems. My question is, if there is a 'good'
> and a 'bad' way of setting it up, or is there a standard way of doing, a
> resource where i can find more information.
>
> Thanks for any info!
>
> Regards,
>

> Joel

We are trying to achieve the same result.
You could try to setup CruiseControl 		http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/
	it can do everything you are asking for AFAIK.

The current development version should be able to build a maven project
and even multiple projects at one time.

We have done some proof-of-concept test and it worked very well in just
a couple of hours.

Hope this can help,
	Luca