Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2002/12/20 17:27:02 UTC

kiosk mode browser

I was was wondering about what people think about  implementing
a kiosk style browser on the client end of a struts app.
I was thinking mozilla because it is already ported to so many platforms
and it can be customized without paying for a development license. By
kiosk mode, I mean that the broswer would retain all the functionality
of modern browser but not have the buttons or url window that end users
sometime mistakingly use to reload, go back or otherwise shoot
themselves in the foot. Opinions?
--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

RE: kiosk mode browser

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
This being something corporations et al.. could have their people use to
access corporate intranet apps without bollocksign everything using back
buttons or navigating anywhere they please just by typing in a url?

That could be quite popular.
Mozilla would certainly be the best base to work from too.