Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Neza Guillaine <gn...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/27 10:42:21 UTC

Requesting advise about CMIS

Dear Florian and devs,

I am writing to request for your advise;
I am working on a project that will facilitate metadata integration between
alfresco and SharePoint.

Last week, I was able to retrieve all metadata that I wanted on my
SharePoint repository and the second step of my project is to take those
metadata and write them on the Alfresco repository.

I am requesting your advise on the best way to do that. I have no clue
about that, I believe I will be able to write my metadata on alfresco after
finding the best approach for doing so.

I am looking forward to your advise.

Regards,
Neza

Re: Requesting advise about CMIS

Posted by Jeff Potts <je...@gmail.com>.
If you are using CMIS to fetch data from SharePoint, then you essentially
already know how to use CMIS to write data to Alfresco. That's the beauty
of CMIS--it is one API that works with both.

If it is the service URL you are unsure about, start up the Apache
Chemistry Workbench and go into the Expert tab, then change the dropdown to
one of the Alfresco options provided and you will see the service URL.

Other than that, you'll have to be a lot more specific as to the problem
you are having. You also might want to ask specific questions about
Alfresco at http://forums.alfresco.com or on stack exchange.

Jeff