Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2010/03/09 10:09:45 UTC

Re: ofbiz Component+and+Component+Set+Dependencies

From: "Michael Zakharoff" <mi...@zakharoff.com>
> Thanks Jacques.  I first looked at this excel spreadsheet but it seems
> to be incomplete in regards to dependencies for the ecommerce module.
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/9373097/OFBIZ+COMP+DEPENDENCIES.xls?version=2

IIRW the ecommerce component is at least dependent of Order, Party, Content, Manufacturing, Product, Accounting and the Framework of
course.
So we could say that the ecommerce component is dependent of almost all other components, it's easier to remember.

> The documentation seems pretty sparse and unorganized for ofbiz, so
> things are a little confusing to me.  I kinda wish that adding
> "features" be frozen and more development effort be focused towards
> documentation and training.  Other successful ERPs (like OpenERP) have
> great documentation which is a huge advantage.

For the documentation: the difference is that Apache OFBiz is really community driven and it's difficult to organize the
documentation with an open community
On the stable release aspect: we are currently organizing things differently. Note though that there are already stable versions
R4.0 and R9.04, even if they are not yet official Apache releases

Jacques