Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/09/14 07:59:25 UTC

[sub-app] Determining all modules

Short of parsing web.xml myself to pluck out the config*
init-parameters, is there a way I can determine all the installed
sub-applications?  (something nice and clean?)

My thought was that, since my application knows (or can) which modules
may be configured with it, and since it can also know what the resource
files for each would be named, I could try to load the resources, trap
the ClassNotFoundException (or whatever it is that throws - I'm tired),
and reduce my list of available modules accordingly.

I'm open to ... better suggestions!  (I don't think it'd be hard to find
one; I'm flat-on-my-face tired though)

Thanks for your comments!

Eddie

Re: [sub-app] Determining all modules

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Does anyone have thoughts on how a person would do this?

Thanks!

Eddie