Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org> on 2017/01/11 08:46:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Fineract 0.6.0 (incubating)

Hello Incubator PMC,

The Apache Fineract community has voted and approved the proposal to
release Apache Fineract 0.6.0 (incubating). We now kindly request the
Incubator *PMC* members review and vote on this incubator release.

Apache Fineract is an open source system for core banking as a platform.
Fineract provides a reliable, robust, and affordable solution for
entrepreneurs, financial institutions, and service providers to offer
financial services to the world’s 2 billion under banked and unbanked. More
information can be found at http://fineract.incubator.apache.org/

The Apache Fineract-0.6.0-incubating release candidate is now available
with the following artifacts for a project vote:

*[VOTE] Thread:*

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-fineract-dev/201701.mbox/%3CCAOSe2ysBL1pS6YMSbSHS-BT1PPb29K-ZuGqYBd2igepQSFMm%2Bg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

*[VOTE RESULT] Thread:*

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-fineract-dev/201701.mbox/%3CCAOSe2yuvdNRkt1cAbGQcEwdWVgTpanz7kS5fAQUsnsZZWrRhCw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

*The release candidate(s) to be voted on is available at:*

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/

*Git tag for the release:*

https://github.com/apache/incubator-fineract/tree/0.6.0-incubating

or

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-fineract.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/0.6.0-incubating

*Source release verification:*

Source release candidate:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-src.tar.gz

PGP signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc

MD5/SHA Hash:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.md5

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-src.sha512

*Binary release verification:*

Binary release candidate:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-binary.tar.gz

PGP signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-binary.tar.gz.asc

MD5/SHA Hash:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-binary.tar.gz.md5

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-binary.sha512

*Keys to verify the signature of the release artifacts are available at:*

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/KEYS

*Release Notes:*

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/0.6.0-incubating+Release-+Apache+Fineract

*Build & RAT verification steps can be found at:*

https://github.com/apache/incubator-fineract/blob/0.6.0-incubating/README.md

or refer 'README.md' in *apache-fineract-0.6.0-incubating-src.tar.gz*

*Binary deployment steps can be found at:*

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Fineract+Installation+on+Ubuntu+Server

*Note:*

   - Maven repo is not included in place of binary. This will be addressed
   in future releases
   - RAT (Release Audit Tool) is integrated in sub-directory. But it will
   check all directories and files from top level directory.This will also
   be addressed in future releases. We have added steps how to run RAT in
   readme.md file

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Members please be sure to indicate "(Binding)" with your vote which will
help in tallying the vote(s).

[ ] +1  approve

[ ] +0  no opinion

[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

*Here is my +1 (non-binding)*

Thanks,

Nazeer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Fineract 0.6.0 (incubating)

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org>.
Thank you Justin reviewing the release. We will add suggested details in
readme file. Let me discuss with Fineract mentors about spring boot version.

Thanks,
Nazeer

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org>.
Thank you John.

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org>.
Thank you John.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1. Thx!

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1. Thx!

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> My struggle is that you have a build directory in one of the child dirs.
> There is no top level build - as a result, there's no easy way to run rat
> from the root.  This means that there are a number of files not easily
> verified.

Yep it’s a little less than ideal and may mean that the project misses something.

But rat can be run manually easily enough. I have this in my bash profile:

function rat() {
 java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar ~/apache-rat-0.11/apache-rat-0.11.jar $1
}

and run rat manually on all releases I vote on.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Fineract 0.6.0 (incubating)

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Posted by Myrle Krantz <mk...@mifos.org>.
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 3:58 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Nazeer,
>
> Sorry but -1.  There was a ticket raised to address release issues in the
> prior release vote.  The IPMC typically looks to see those release issue
> tickets reolved in the following release.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-357 was not resolved in
> this
> release.
>
> Can you explain why not?

closed FINERACT-357.  The remaining, unaddressed issues are: 1.) create a
maven artifact and 2.) make the gradle calls available at the root
directory. We interpreted the licensing issues to be more important, so
those are the ones which were addressed for this release.  We should
eventually address the gradle calls as it makes checking the release more
difficult for the incubator community.  But I see no point in producing a
maven artifact before our graduation.  Even if our customers were asking
for a maven artifact (and I know of no requests), I personally would rather
not put out a binary release with "incubating" as part of the release
number.

Greets from the Voreifel, Germany,
Myrle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Fineract 0.6.0 (incubating)

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Nazeer,