Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2010/12/20 18:13:10 UTC

Webapp undeploy failure

Hello list,

Tried to do a bit of reading on this but the results have not come up. I am using version 6.0.26 on windows XP and all I am trying to do is undeploy (and delete from tomcat webapp folder) one webapp which is deployed every time I start my tomcat instance.

Having started my instance I use the following http://localhost:8080/manager/undeploy?path=C:/path/to/webapp, however I got the following error

FAIL - Context /wombra is defined in server.xml and may not be undeployed

Looking at server.xml I find that 'wombra' is the only webapp specified (I had 2 other apps running, one of which has now been successfully undeployed). In this case this particular webapp was built using Tapestry, is this possibly something to do with why I am getting the undeployment failure?

Thank you

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009

RE: Webapp undeploy failure

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Hi

Thank you both for info. I didn't put the app into server.xml so I don't know how it got there but the problem is solved now. Thanks

Lewis

Posted by Michael Ludwig <mi...@gmx.de>.

Re: Webapp undeploy failure

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.