Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Srinivasa Chinimilli (Rapidigm)" <sr...@infomove.com> on 2001/08/11 02:56:02 UTC

excpetion in running examples

I am trying to run examples of Apache soap2.2 on JRun with testit.cmd file
given in the samples
I get the following error , can anyone please help me where I am going
wrong.

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I am able to successfully test the server, and rpcrouter given in
instructions like "Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP
POST to talk to me."
thanks,
srinivas

Re: excpetion in running examples

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

"Srinivasa Chinimilli (Rapidigm)" wrote:

> I am trying to run examples of Apache soap2.2 on JRun with testit.cmd file
> given in the samples
> I get the following error , can anyone please help me where I am going
> wrong.
>
> Ouch, the call failed:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
>   Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>
> I am able to successfully test the server, and rpcrouter given in
> instructions like "Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP
> POST to talk to me."
> thanks,
> srinivas

Most of these seem to be due to your JVM finding an older XML
parser that does not do namespaces. It took me days to find an
older jaxp.jar and parser.jar in the
 JAVA-HOME\jre\lib\ext  directory

--
WBB - wbrogden@lanw.com