Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by John Oliver <jo...@john-oliver.net> on 2006/06/28 20:08:26 UTC

Remote testing

How many machines do I need to be sure of getting a good test?

One of the servers I'm going to be thrashing is a cluster of machines
running Squid against http servers.  We're eventually going to have to
handle hundreds, maybe thousands, of hits per second.  I'm just not sure
of how many connections each host can generate.  The test machines will
be a mishmash of old P IIs, P IIIs, maybe a couple of Macs.

Re: Remote testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
2.2 shows the number of active threads / total threads in the top rhs
of the screen.

The current active count can be logged to the JTL results files.

Re: Remote testing

Posted by John Oliver <jo...@john-oliver.net>.

Re: Remote testing

Posted by The Earl <u1...@sneakemail.com>.
Does JMeter tell me how many active connections it has running? How
can I measure the load that a given host can generate?

Thanks
TE

Re: Remote testing

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.