Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/05 00:10:04 UTC

Introduction

Hello all. My name is Adrian Crum and I am a PMC member of the Apache Open For Business project (OFBiz).

Apache OFBiz is an ERP application, and it contains some technologies that would be suitable for spinning off into stand-alone libraries.

One of those technologies is a Java object type conversion framework. I noticed that Commons has a dormant Convert sub-project, and I believe that would be a good place for our library. In other words, I would be interested in adopting the Convert project.

Another technology suitable for spin-off is our Temporal Expression library. You can read more about that in our Wiki - http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/Temporal+Expressions. I'm not sure where that would fit into the Commons project. I expect it to be developed further into a complete calendaring code library.

Both of these technologies are written in Java, and they are already using the Apache 2 license.

The Apache OFBiz developer community supports my efforts to spin off these technologies, and some in the community would likely join any new projects they create.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or direction in this matter.

Thanks in advance!

-Adrian

Re: Introduction

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Henri,

Thank you very much! Please allow me some time to get code committed to the sandbox - I wasn't expecting things to happen so fast.

I will look into Joda Time - thanks for the heads up.

-Adrian

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mladen/Adrian.

Re: Introduction