Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/12/10 11:37:46 UTC

Re: Problems with Axis2Transport & SecureChannel that need to be fixed before releasing 1.4

Is there a Jira for this issue? So it can be tracked and tests written.

Andrew Perry
IBM C/C++ Web Services Client
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

Fred Preston/UK/IBM@IBMGB wrote on 10/12/2004 10:42:01:

> Hi All,
>       Further to my e-mail yesterday.  Can someone tell me why
> SecureChannel fails when I pass it a URI that begins with "HTTPS" (as
> opposed to the more usual "HTTP")?  I thought that the SSL implementation
> (or at least the framework) was to be in place before the release of 1.4.
> I have been telling customers that there will be a framework that
supports
> SSL in 1.4 and all you have to do is change your URI and call SetSecure()
> with a couple of parameters and add the SSL DLL name to the config file.
> When I tried to do this in my client application yesterday, it threw a
null
> pointer exception!  Under further investigation I find that this is
because
> the ChannelFactory::m_create object is null.  This object is only created
> when ChannelFactory::initialize(DLLName) is called and it never is!  So
> there are multiple problems with the current implementation of SSL that
> need to be fixed before we can say we have completed 1.4.  These are:-
>
>    Read the SSL DLL name from the config file.
>    Call ChannelFactory::initialize() with the DLL name.
>    Add more checking into Axis2Transport so that if
>    ChannelFactory::getSecureChannelObject() returns a NULL it is handled
>    correctly.
>    Create a stub template DLL that can be loaded by the channel factory
>    demonstrate how the user creates their own SSL DLL implementation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fred Preston.
>
> ----- Forwarded by Fred Preston/UK/IBM on 10/12/04 10:07 -----
>

>                       Fred Preston

>                                                To:       "Apache
> AXIS C Developers List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
>                       09/12/04 13:58           cc:

>                                                From:     Fred
> Preston/UK/IBM@IBMGB
>                                                Subject:
> Axis2Transport & SecureChannel

> Hi All,
>       Does anyone know what the status of the work that was being done
for
> SSL in Axis2Transport?  I've just tried to use a secure channel and the
> code fails because m_pCall->initialize() fails (when are we going to sort
> out the WSDL2WS for that line, it is so messy!) because openConnection
> fails (do we need the secure flag now?) because
> m_pTransport->setEndpointUri() fails because
m_pFactory->getSecureObject()